Position: Student Relationship Manager
Location: Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Bihar, and the North East
Compensation: Three lakh per annum, EPF, health and accident insurance, annual bonus, reimbursement of business expenses
Medha improves employment outcomes for youth. We provide 21st-century skills training, career counseling and workplace exposure, and ongoing job placement and alumni support to students at their existing educational institution. Since 2011, Medha has trained over 6,000 students across 45 educational institutions, placed them into internships and full-time jobs with 400 leading employers, and built a public-private partnership with the Government of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. Medha is supported by leading global foundations like Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Citi Foundation, and EdelGive Foundation; and has received numerous awards and recognitions for its work, including the Echoing Green Global Fellowship, the Dasra Girl Power Award, and the Sitaram Rao Livelihoods Asia Award.
Medha is in the process of scaling its program to 30,000 students across five states in the next three years. It will achieve this growth by replicating its ‘Career Services Center’ model and increasing its partnerships with educational institutions across the region. Ultimately, Medha aims to mainstream its program within the existing education system, reforming the way employability skills are imparted in the country.
Medha is looking for passionate, motivated, and entrepreneurial professionals to help scale the organization in new locations, build and maintain relationships with educational institutions and employers, and most importantly, mentor and guide today’s youth to succeed in their lives after school.
SKILLS SET AND SCOPE OF WORK
The ideal candidate has the following set of skills and will manage the following areas of work:
- Student Training, Counseling, and Mentorship. Ability to train students on basic employability skills and guide them towards their career goals. We believe in building strong, lasting relationships with our students based on trust and mutual respect. You approach training and counseling with empathy and respect, and believe everyone has their own talents, abilities, and life path.
- Educational Relationship Management. Ability to build and manage strong relationships with educational institutions. You are willing to work with existing faculty and administrators on campus to engage them in the Medha program and make sure they are active participants/supporters. You will be responsible for promoting the program on campus and registering students.
- Employer Relationship Management. Ability to manage strong relationships with local employers. You are willing to put yourself out there to maintain relationships with HR/business heads at leading companies. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with employers for internships, placements, and other workplace exposure opportunities.
- Student Internships and Placements. Ability to identify and match the right students with the right jobs. You will be working with young people to help them achieve their short and long-term career goals. You will map employers and job opportunities based on the students’ interest and capabilities. You will coordinate exposure visits, industry talks and mock interview sessions for the students. You will mentor and support them during the placement and post-placement process.
- Monitoring and Data Management. Ability to collect, track, analyze and report student and employer-related data with the help of Medha’s Student Information System (SIS). We are a learning organization and are constantly trying to improve our monitoring and reporting systems. You are the main point of contact for data collection and are extremely detail oriented. You enjoy using data to improve the effectiveness and impact of your work.
- Extremely entrepreneurial work environment with growth opportunities
- Ability to see and experience the real impact of your hard work on a day-to-day basis
- Opportunity to be part of an award-winning, socially-focused organization during a scale phase